April 17, 2009

RAWvolution, by Matt Amsden



Hi guys! I bought Matt Amsden's book, RAWvolution quite a while ago and I absolutely love it, so I thought I'd give you the heads-up if you haven't heard of it. Matt is actually from Ontario, Canada, but now runs a famous restaurant in California that attracts star power every day. His raw recipes are very flavourful, simple to make (for the most-part), and beautifully photographed in the book. He also gives us simple explanations as to why raw food is so important to our bodies.

I like the personal touches with photos of Matt on a tractor, doing a crazy yoga position and making a beach picnic for his wife. If you're in Toronto drop by Fertile Ground Environmental Books and pick it up (instead of going to Chapters/Indigo). I help out at Fertile Ground a few days a week and get to bring in any titles I like. And as we all know vegan lifestyle is definitely environmentally friendly, so we carry a range of vegan books.

No comments: