September 10, 2008

our veggie garden in front of the book store!


This year we are growing organic zucchinis, green beans, tomatoes, rainbow chard, kale and mint from seed. We're also growing some marigolds (which were all eaten by the squirrels!), but that's ok. Who knew they loves marigolds?

Imagine what it would be like if everyone used their yard and roofs for food production! Let's do it guys! I challenge everyone to plant some organic seeds before spring and then put them in the gardens you will create once the weather warms up. It's so easy. And... we have tons of books on the subject! To grow food on my roof in the building I live in I just planted the seedlings in rubbermaide-type bins with some holes drilled into the bottom, that I filled with organic soil (not very expensive at all). Next spring I'm going to grow a big one with lots of variety. Anyone can do this.

No comments: